Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ugly Stuffed Chicken

Guess what? I don't even care that this turned out to be ugly. It was delicious. In the course of my low-carb meal search, I realized that stuffed chicken is a no-brainer. No, not extremely original (see this recipe), but I was proud of myself nonetheless. And it's super easy. I will be trying countless varieties with different sauces and veggies in the future.


Ugly Stuffed Chicken

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (About 4-5 oz each)
1/2 cup chopped cooked broccoli (or other vegetable)
2 Laughing Cow light swiss cheese wedges
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp alfredo sauce (I used Classico)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pound chicken breasts between wax paper until about a 1/2 inch thick, then salt and pepper both sides. Set aside.

In a small bowl, microwave cheese wedges with alfredo sauce in 20-second intervals, stirring until combined. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and chopped broccoli and mix well.

Spoon broccoli mixture evenly onto one side of chicken breasts, then wrap the breast around. Using toothpicks, secure the seams of the chicken together. Place stuffed chicken breasts on a prepared cooking sheet lined with foil and cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. 

Serves 4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment