Friday, March 23, 2012

Southwestern Egg Muffins

I had a bunch of stuff leftover from random recipes and needed to use it up, so I threw it all together last night and made myself a good take-to-work breakfast for a few days. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before, although I'm sure if I looked around others have similar recipes. It's a great way to use up veggies and have a hearty breakfast without having to cook in the morning.


Southwestern Egg Muffins
serves 6 (2 muffins per serving)

8 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup corn
2/3 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying all the cups thoroughly. 

In a large bowl, combine eggs and stir until yolks are evenly mixed. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into muffin cups until nearly full, then bake 20-25 minutes until the muffins are just slightly browned and firm on the top.

Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the tins gently, using a knife to loosen the sides. Serve warm and enjoy!

*For leftovers, let cool completely and keep in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment