Saturday, December 3, 2011

Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups

This is a recipe from Skinny Taste, one of my favorite blogs for healthy recipes. I modified it just a bit to up the flavor and downsize the servings and it turned out really great! I added mushrooms because I had some I needed to use up. I don't actually like mushrooms at all - but I chop them up really small and put them in recipes where I won't notice them, just because they are so good for you.

I'll definitely be making these again.


Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups
serves 3 (one roll-up per serving)

3 lasagna noodles, cooked
3-4 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
2 mushrooms, diced finely
5 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp Egg Beaters
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning 
1/2 cup favorite pasta sauce (mine is Classico's Roasted Garlic)
3 Tbsp shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out pre-cooked lasagna noodles onto wax paper - make sure they are completely dry. Prepare baking dish by spreading just enough pasta sauce to cover the bottom, reserve the rest for later.

Mix together thawed spinach, diced mushrooms, ricotta, Egg Beaters, Parmesan, garlic, and Italian seasoning until well combined. Take large spoonfuls and spread mixture evenly across the length of each lasagna noodle. Roll noodles up carefully and place seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce and 1 Tbsp mozzarella per roll.


Cover baking dish with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Cheese should be bubbly! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment