Sunday, July 24, 2011

Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle

Usually I don't jump up and down over trifle - I'd prefer a warm, gooey, chocolatey dessert instead (yes, even in the summer) - but this trifle got me pretty excited. I was originally going to make the Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle from Skinny Taste over the fourth of July weekend, but everyone kept making birthday cakes so I just bagged the idea. Luckily my mother encourages my love of cooking so we made it together for Sunday dinner last week with what we had. It was dangerously delicious, but luckily less guilt-inducing than the desserts I'd usually go for!




Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle

10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 pints strawberries, sliced

Filling:
6 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups cold water1 package white chocolate cheesecake instant pudding mix
12 oz lite frozen whipped topping, thawed

Whisk the condensed milk and water in a bowl. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping.

Arrange half of the cake in the bottom of a 14-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of strawberries. Pour half of the cream mixture over the berries and gently spread. Layer the remaining cake cubes on top, then add more strawberries and top with the remaining cream mixture. Top with one sliced berry (to make it pretty). Cover and refrigerate at least one 1 hour.

Makes 12-14 one-cup servings. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment